SALT LAKE CITY — In its each day replace of COVID-19 statistics in Utah, the state well being division reported 1,516 new constructive exams and one other 13 deaths from the illness Sunday.
4 of these deaths occurred earlier than the brand new 12 months, officers mentioned, however had been nonetheless underneath investigation. Total, that brings the state to 336,405 whole confirmed instances and 1,595 deaths for the reason that pandemic started.
Presently, 461 Utahns are reported hospitalized as a consequence of COVID-19, together with 182 in intensive care. Sunday’s numbers got here as 14,575 extra check outcomes had been reported and seven,331 Utahns had been examined for the virus for the primary time.
Over the previous week, the state is averaging 1,794 new reported instances per day and a constructive check price of 19.4%.
The well being division says 6,073 extra vaccines had been administered since yesterday’s report, for a complete of 228,348 to this point. Greater than 28,000 Utahns have acquired a second dose of the vaccine.
The deaths reported Sunday embrace:
- A Salt Lake County man between ages 65 and 84 who was hospitalized when he died
- A Salt Lake County lady between ages 65 and 84 who was the resident of a long-term care facility
- A Salt Lake County man over age 85 who was the resident of a long-term care facility
- A Salt Lake County man between ages 45 and 64 who was not hospitalized when he died
- A Uintah County man between ages 65 and 84 who was not hospitalized
- A Utah County man between ages 25 and 44 who was the resident of a long-term care facility
- Three Utah County males between ages 65 and 84 who had been hospitalized
- A Utah County lady over age 85 who was the resident of a long-term care facility
- A Washington County lady between ages 65 and 84 who was the resident of a long-term care facility
- A Washington County lady over age 85 who was not hospitalized
- A Weber County lady between ages 65 and 84 who was not hospitalized
Collectively, Salt Lake and Utah counties now account for 62% of the state’s reported instances and 58% of its deaths.
There is no such thing as a coronavirus information convention from state leaders scheduled for Sunday. Gov. Spencer Cox and well being officers will replace the general public in a convention later this week; it normally happens on Thursdays.
- Saturday: Gov. Cox says getting more vaccines shouldn’t be like ‘Hunger Games’; 1,771 more COVID cases reported Saturday
- Friday: 2,649 more COVID-19 cases, 24 deaths reported Friday in Utah
- Thursday: Utah using nearly all COVID-19 vaccine doses as state sees 2,089 new cases, 30 deaths
- Wednesday: 2,159 more COVID-19 cases, 10 deaths reported Wednesday in Utah
- Tuesday: 1,302 more COVID-19 cases, 7 deaths reported Tuesday in Utah
- Monday: 1,082 new COVID cases reported Monday as Utah marks 1,500 deaths during pandemic
Take a look at outcomes now embrace knowledge from PCR exams and antigen exams. Optimistic COVID-19 check outcomes are reported to the well being division instantly after they’re confirmed, however unfavourable check outcomes will not be reported for twenty-four to 72 hours.
The full variety of instances reported by the Utah Division of Well being every day consists of all instances of COVID-19 since Utah’s outbreak started, together with those that are at the moment contaminated, those that have recovered from the illness, and people who have died.
Recovered instances are outlined as anybody who was identified with COVID-19 three or extra weeks in the past and has not died.
Referral hospitals are the 16 Utah hospitals with the aptitude to supply the very best COVID-19 well being care.
Deaths reported by the state usually occurred two to seven days previous to when they’re reported, in response to the well being division. Some deaths could also be from even additional again, particularly if the individual is from Utah however has died in one other state.
The well being division stories each confirmed and possible COVID-19 case deaths per the case definition outlined by the Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists. The demise counts are topic to vary as case investigations are accomplished.
For deaths which can be reported as COVID-19 deaths, the individual wouldn’t have died if they didn’t have COVID-19, in response to the well being division.
Knowledge included on this story primarily displays the state of Utah as a complete. For extra localized knowledge, go to your native well being district’s web site.
Extra details about Utah’s well being steerage ranges is on the market at coronavirus.utah.gov/utah-health-guidance-levels.
Data is from the Utah Division of Well being and coronavirus.utah.gov/case-counts. For extra info on how the Utah Division of Well being compiles and stories COVID-19 knowledge, go to coronavirus.utah.gov/case-counts and scroll right down to the “Knowledge Notes” part on the backside of the web page.