JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) — Officers with Ballad Well being launched the system’s newest COVID-19 numbers on Sunday, Jan. 17, saying there are 249 sufferers receiving remedy for the novel coronavirus at Ballad hospitals, down from 255 Saturday, Jan. 16.
Friday marked the primary time since Dec. 8, 2020 that the variety of hospitalized sufferers was beneath 300.
“We’re inspired because the optimistic price and circumstances have declined and over 20,000 individuals have obtained their first dose of the vaccination,” Ballad tweeted Friday. “We’re under no circumstances out of the woods. Proceed to do your half to scale back the unfold.”
The next is a breakdown of COVID-19 knowledge supplied by Ballad Well being on Saturday:
- Complete variety of COVID-19 sufferers within the hospital: 249
- Complete variety of COVID-19 PUIs (affected person below investigation): 3
- Designated COVID-19 beds obtainable: 94
- Variety of COVID-19 sufferers within the Intensive Care Unit: 59
- Variety of COVID-19 sufferers on a ventilator: 36
- First doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered: 20,950
- Second doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered: 8,226
In response to Sunday’s scorecard, the positivity price sits at 25%, and Ballad used state-reported knowledge to disclose that there have been 101 deaths in its 21-county service space up to now seven days.