Saint Albans defeated Hurricane 5-0 within the 2019 Class AAA championship recreation. (Picture by Eddie Ferrari)
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — The WVSSAC has launched one other revised calendar for winter and spring sports activities seasons. The revision comes after Governor Jim Justice’s latest announcement that winter sports activities competitions are allowed to start on March 3.
Winter sports activities (basketball, swimming, wrestling) can open preseason practices on February 15. Groups should get a minimal of 14 follow days in earlier than enjoying of their first competitors.
Ladies basketball groups can open up play on March 3 and boys groups will begin two days later.
Winter sports activities championship dates:
- Swimming (in Morgantown) – April 20-21
- Wrestling (in Huntington) – Class A-AA: April 21-22, Class AAA: April 23-24
- Ladies Basketball (in Charleston) – April 27-Might 1
- Boys Basketball (in Charleston) – Might 4-8
Spring sports activities groups are permitted to start follow on March 15. Competitions could start on April 12.
Spring sports activities championship dates:
- Tennis (in Charleston) – June 3-5
- Observe (in Charleston) – Class A: June 10, Class AA: June 11, Class AAA: June 12
- Softball (in Charleston) – June 22-23
- Baseball (in Charleston) – June 24-26
The state cheer competitors, which was postponed from its authentic date of December 12, has been tentatively rescheduled for March 20.