WALTHAM, Mass.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Benchmark Senior Living, a number one supplier of senior dwelling providers within the Northeast, immediately introduced it has expanded its workforce of consulting medical and scientific consultants with the creation of the Benchmark Coronavirus Advisory Council. As a part of its ongoing dedication to the well being, security and well-being of its residents and associates, Benchmark will profit from further professional recommendation and insights to assist information long-term technique and response to the pandemic.
The council’s esteemed members embody a former U.S. Surgeon Basic, a former Secretary of the U.S. Division of Veterans Affairs, a nationally identified geriatric psychiatrist, a number one an infection management preventionist and different consultants.
“Because the pandemic started, we’ve relied on main consultants to assist information our response. I’m happy to say that our response has earned us reward from our residents, their households and our associates,” mentioned Tom Grape, Benchmark’s founder, chairman and CEO. “Now, by formalizing further relationships with a bigger group of consultants that features among the nation’s high public well being minds, we will be certain that our infectious illness prevention and containment protocols are in line with modern considering on COVID-19. Our objective is to proceed to Be the Benchmark for senior care, and this is among the some ways we’re setting that customary.”
The Benchmark Coronavirus Advisory Council consists of physicians and nurses with experience in infectious illness mitigation, geriatrics, in addition to bodily and psychological well being. Many are affiliated with among the nation’s main medical, analysis and educational establishments. They are going to use an evidence-based strategy to attempt to keep forward of COVID-19 developments and tackle residents’ holistic wants at Benchmark’s 63 unbiased dwelling, assisted dwelling, reminiscence care and persevering with care retirement communities all through the Northeast.
The Benchmark Coronavirus Advisory Council members embody:
- Dr. Alice Bonner, PhD, GNP, RN, FAAN– Bonner beforehand served as Massachusetts Secretary of the Government Workplace of Elder Affairs and was the Director of Well being Care High quality for the Massachusetts Division of Public Well being. She is the Director of Strategic Partnerships for the Heart for Revolutionary Care in Getting older, a collaboration between the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg Faculty of Public Well being and the Institute for Healthcare Enchancment.
- Dr. Richard Carmona, MD, MPH, FACS– Carmona served because the 17th Surgeon Basic of the US. He’s a Distinguished Professor of Public Well being, Well being Promotion Sciences & Group, Surroundings and Coverage for College of Arizona’s School of Public Well being and Chief of Well being Innovation for Canyon Ranch.
- Dr. Brent P. Forester, MD, MSc – Chief of the Division of Geriatric Psychiatry for McLean Hospital; Medical Director, Behavioral Well being Integration, High quality & Affected person Expertise for Mass Basic Brigham; and Affiliate Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical Faculty.
- Dr. Michael R. Jaff, DO – Chief Medical Officer and Vice President of Medical Affairs, Innovation and Expertise at a serious worldwide medical gadget producer and former CEO of Newton-Wellesley Hospital.
- Dr. Timothy Johnson, MD, MPH – Former Chief of Emergency Providers at Union Hospital in Lynn, Mass, and Medical Editor for ABC Information. Dr. Johnson served as a Fellow at Harvard Medical Faculty and was Founding Editor of the Faculty’s Well being Letter. He and his spouse are members of Benchmark’s The Commons in Lincoln group in Lincoln, Mass.
- Dr. Roger Schutt, DO –Geriatrician for greater than 34 years and government lead for Submit-Acute Care at Beth Israel Lahey Well being.
- Steve Schweon, RN, MPH, MSN, CIC, FSHEA, FAPIC – Board-certified an infection preventionist with greater than 25 years of expertise in acute, long-term care and behavioral well being settings.
- Dr. David Shulkin, MD – Served because the ninth Secretary of the U.S. Division of Veterans Affairs; President and CEO of Mount Sinai Beth Israel; and Vice Dean, Chief of Drugs and Chief High quality Officer for Drexel College Faculty of Drugs.
For extra data concerning Benchmark’s response to the worldwide pandemic, go to https://www.benchmarkseniorliving.com/helpful-solutions/benchmark-coronavirus-covid-19-resource-center.
About Benchmark Senior Residing
Primarily based in Waltham, Mass., Benchmark Senior Residing is a number one supplier of senior housing within the Northeast. It has 63 communities throughout Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New York, Vermont and Maine. Benchmark employs practically 6,000 associates inside its communities and company workplace. Based in 1997 by Tom Grape, Benchmark presents unbiased dwelling, assisted dwelling, reminiscence care and persevering with care retirement communities which might be guided by Benchmark’s core values – Known as to Care, Higher Collectively, and Be the Benchmark, and are dedicated to reworking lives by human connection. Click here for more information.