Pricey Readers: Let’s simply say it: This 12 months has taken lots out of us. Fears about our well being, funds and household, all stoked by COVID, have actually accomplished a quantity on the psyche.
Listed below are some hints from the Mayo Clinic (www.MayoClinic.org) to assist:
– Sleep is vital. Your physique and mind want time to recharge. Have a sleep schedule and routine for finest outcomes.
– Subsequent, train. Something to get your physique shifting — strolling, biking, jogging, even gardening and yard work. At all times examine together with your physician earlier than beginning an train routine.
– Hunt down humorous issues. Watch a favourite comedy movie or comedy video on a video streaming service on the pc. Letting go along with laughter is nice for you!
– Saying “no” is a go! You don’t should please everybody, say sure to the whole lot, and put everybody forward of your self. “No” is a whole sentence. Don’t be afraid to make use of it.
– Sure, COVID protocols are in place. However discover a solution to nonetheless be social. E-mail a pal, name a pal, masks up and go to a pal at 6 toes aside.
– Breathe and be grateful. There are at all times issues to be glad about: Deer within the snow, soothing music, a toddler’s laughter or a surprising purple cardinal.
We are going to get via this; simply be affected person and keep wholesome and protected. — Heloise
Pricey Readers: As we speak is the primary day of Kwanzaa, a week-long celebration fashionable in African American heritage. Kwanzaa is a Swahili phrase which means “first fruits.”
What are a number of the tenets of Kwanzaa? There are seven main ones (every day of the celebration is devoted to 1 precept).
Let’s record them: Unity, self-determination, duty, cooperative economics, objective, creativity and religion.
Kwanzaa is a comparatively new celebration, begun in California within the mid-Sixties.
Individuals have a good time with richly coloured cloths, candles, fruits and dancing. Items are additionally usually exchanged. Joyful Kwanzaa! — Heloise
In reply to “Reader in Troy, Ohio,” who requested find out how to prepare image frames on a wall.
As a substitute for cabinets, I received a remnant of quick berber carpet to match the room and hooked up it to the wall to suit the realm.
(Heloise is a columnist with King Options Syndicate.)