LANSING, Mich. – Small companies in Michigan which were disproportionately impacted by COVID-19 will be capable to apply for grants of as much as $15,000 by way of the Pure Michigan Small Enterprise Reduction Initiative.
Companies can begin making use of starting at 9 a.m. on Dec. 15. This system will make the most of $10 million in federal U.S. Housing and City Growth (HUD) CARES Act funding. Grants might be awarded to eligible companies on a “first-in” foundation.
“The Pure Michigan Small Enterprise Reduction Initiative places federal funding to work for most of the small companies in Michigan hardest hit by the COVID-19 pandemic,” Governor Gretchen Whitmer mentioned.
- $10 million out there to assist small companies impacted by COVID-19 disaster
- The application will be available here on Dec. 15 at 9 a.m.
- Functions might be reviewed on a ‘first-in’ foundation
- Small companies inspired to evaluation supplies earlier than making use of
Approved by the Michigan Strategic Fund on Nov. 30, the Pure Michigan Small Enterprise Reduction Initiative allocates $10 million of federal CARES Act funding to offer assist to Michigan’s small companies.
This system is meant to assist Michigan companies together with eating places and bars, lodging suppliers, stay occasion venues and film theaters, convention and assembly services, indoor recreation services, and gymnasiums and health facilities.
The grants are supposed to assist these companies that are going through drastic reductions in money circulate and the continued assist of their workforce. It might be used to assist payroll bills, hire, mortgage funds, or utility bills.
My administration will proceed working to assist our small companies and their staff as they proceed to navigate and persevere by way of this pandemic, by way of the Pure Michigan Small Enterprise Reduction Initiative and all the COVID-19 enterprise reduction efforts MEDC has carried out this 12 months. As we head into the vacation season, I additionally need to remind Michiganders to assist your favourite native companies by buying small. And as at all times, masks up, follow social distancing, and wash your arms regularly.
Governor Gretchen Whitmer
MEDC has chosen the Michigan Municipal League (MML) Basis as the only, statewide grant administrator for the Pure Michigan Small Enterprise Reduction Initiative.
MML Basis will evaluation submitted functions from all 10 prosperity regions throughout the state as soon as the applying window opens on December 15.
To qualify for grant assist, companies should meet quite a lot of standards:
- Being a enterprise in one of many focused industries
- Figuring out a necessity for payroll, hire, or mortgage funds, and/or utility bills essential to proceed or restart enterprise operations
- Having no less than two staff (together with the proprietor) however fewer than 50
- Be a for-profit enterprise, per HUD steering
- Meet the HUD Nationwide Goal for Job Retention by retaining jobs that may in any other case be misplaced with out help by way of employment verification;
- Additional eligibility requirements can be found by clicking here
Candidates might be required to self-certify that they’re following all state and local orders related to COVID-19.
A whole listing of Pure Michigan Small Enterprise Reduction Initiative grant recipients might be posted to michiganbusiness.org/relief.
“We stay centered on getting critically-needed reduction into the arms of these companies that want it most,” mentioned MEDC CEO Mark A. Burton. “The Pure Michigan Small Enterprise Reduction Initiative builds on our dedication to getting funds to small companies throughout Michigan and creating a powerful basis for the success of Michigan’s staff and economic system.”
Copyright 2020 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit – All rights reserved.