SALT LAKE CITY — Even because the Utah Division of Well being on Wednesday introduced a rise of two,574 instances of COVID-19 and 23 extra deaths, officers warn the state continues to be awaiting repercussions from Thanksgiving weekend, when many households in Utah gathered collectively.
The each day variety of optimistic exams additionally stays excessive, with greater than 1 in 4 exams carried out within the state leading to a optimistic analysis of COVID-19, the well being division stories. The dying toll in Utah stands at 995 for the reason that pandemic hit the state in mid-March.
Greater than 1.5 million individuals in Utah have been examined for the rampant virus, together with 11,182 examined since Tuesday’s report, with a median 2,892 new COVID-19 instances identified every day, in line with the well being division. That’s down from a median of three,125 on Monday.
Some individuals have been examined a number of instances, however the quantity displays the variety of individuals, not exams. Greater than 2.2 million exams have been reported in Utah.
The seven-day common p.c of optimistic laboratory exams is 26.6%, barely down from Tuesday’s 27% and Monday’s 27.1%, which was the very best but. Officers have stated it’s too early to know if the speed will proceed to say no.
A masks mandate nonetheless exists for the whole state and almost each county is experiencing excessive stage transmission. Piute, Daggett and Wealthy counties are listed as having low ranges of transmission, in line with the state’s coronavirus web site, coronavirus.utah.gov.
Gatherings are restricted to 10 individuals or fewer in places with excessive ranges of transmission. In all areas, six ft of bodily distancing between family teams is really useful, as is correct and frequent hand-washing, and staying house when sick.
Colder climate has pushed extra individuals indoors and whereas grade faculties appear to be dealing with their response to the virus effectively, excessive faculties and junior highs are experiencing increased numbers of instances, doubtless because of nonadherence to correct public well being protocols amongst these age teams.
The well being division stories that 13,043 college students throughout Utah have examined optimistic with school-associated instances of COVID-19 since August. Almost 2,100 of these have been identified previously two weeks.
The deaths reported Wednesday embrace:
- A Utah County man between the ages of 15 and 24 who was not hospitalized when he died.
- A Utah County lady between 65 and 84 who was hospitalized when she died.
- A Utah County lady who was older than 85 and a long-term care facility resident.
- A Field Elder County lady, age 45-64, who was hospitalized.
- A Field Elder County lady, older than 85, not hospitalized.
- A Cache County lady, older than 85, long-term care facility resident.
- A Davis County man, 45-64, hospitalized.
- A Davis County man, older than 85, long-term care facility resident.
- Two Iron County males, 65-84; one was hospitalized when he died, it’s unknown whether or not the opposite man was hospitalized.
- A Juab County man, 65-84, hospitalized.
- A Piute County man, older than 85, hospitalized.
- A Salt Lake County man, 25-44, long-term care facility resident.
- A Salt Lake County man, 45-64, hospitalized.
- A Salt Lake County lady, 65-84, long-term care facility resident.
- A Salt Lake County lady, 65-84, who was hospitalized.
- Three Salt Lake County males, 65-84, who had been all hospitalized once they died.
- Three Washington County lady, 65-84, who had been all hospitalized once they died.
- A Weber County man, 65-84, long-term care facility resident.
The well being division additionally stories there are 581 individuals at present hospitalized all through Utah, with intensive care items experiencing almost 89% capability, which is greater than is perfect. Greater than 93% of all referral heart ICU beds are occupied presently, with 223 sufferers within the ICU for confirmed COVID-19.
Well being officers within the state have stated that hospitalization numbers are a lagging indicator of how rampant illness is throughout the neighborhood and infrequently observe excessive each day case counts, as individuals don’t normally expertise signs till 10 days after publicity, in line with the well being division.
New COVID-19 instances reported on Wednesday by well being district:
- Salt Lake County, 811
- Utah County, 465
- Davis County, 319
- Southwest Utah, 278
- Weber-Morgan, 216
- Bear River, 131
- Central Utah, 64
- Wasatch County, 46
- Southeast Utah, 31
- Summit County, 29
- TriCounty (Uinta Basin), 26
- Tooele County, 25
- San Juan County, 23